Key Account Manager - London
Reports to: National Sales Manager
Hours: 37.5hrs, Monday – Friday
Salary: Dependent on experience
Closing Date: 2nd December 2022
Northern Monk as a brewery has grown revenue over 400% in the last 4 years, now operating across 3 sites with over 90 Monks; however, one thing that hasn’t changed is our commitment to delivering the best beer experiences for our teams, customers and consumers. Our aim is to continue to grow at scale, bringing Northern Monk beer experiences to new consumers across the UK. We are looking for a senior sales professional to help win and manage key customer relationships across the UK. The Key Account Manager will spend their time networking, supporting and influencing the wholesale sales teams to ensure Northern Monk is a leading UK craft brewer within their portfolio. By working with the sales team, success in trade is therefore winning influential independent free trade and regional/national multiple operators. With support from the KAM Wholesale, this role will be focussed on targeting and winning new business and activating the Northern Monk brand in key venues and groups.
We're extremely proud of our craft and will be looking for applicants that share our enthusiasm and drive for quality. We also need you to share our passion in providing the world’s best beer experiences for our customers, not only when drinking Northern Monk beer but also when meeting and buying beer from our world class Sales Team.
We believe we have a strong internal culture, and the successful candidate will live out our values of community and collaboration. In addition to demonstrating strong sales skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced, ever-evolving environment.
We offer the opportunity to progress professionally with access to internal and external training and the chance to attend some of the best beer events across the world. Northern Monk is committed to providing a world class working environment and we are proud to say that our employees agree!
- Head up our drive into the on trade/premium market and set the regional strategy for growing the Northern Monk brand
- Deliver a plan for best-in-class customer relationships with our customers and wholesale partners
- Win indirect new business in key on trade outlets to help grow awareness across the Northern Monk portfolio of beers (with a focus on our classics)
- Manage customer relationships to drive ROS/permanent taps via best-in-class customer support, training, engagement, and events in influential on-trade accounts
- With support from trade marketing, partner with influential accounts to bring the creative side of our brand to life at the top end of the on trade
- At all times be the face of Northern Monk in your region as a true Ambassador for the company and brand
- To take a proactive approach in helping share best practice across the Northern Monk sales team
- To maintain a high level of professionalism in all correspondence and communication relating to our wholesale/key account customers and Northern Monk.
- Be comfortable representing the values and ethos of the company at all times.
- Provide consistent and accurate sales team updates regarding all areas of work
- Ability to influence and negotiate at a key account level
- Very good understanding of the on-trade market/landscape and UK wholesale channel
- Must have a solid existing network and track record of success across the region
- Knowledge of the craft beer market including wholesale, key accounts and bottle shops is ideal
- Strong communicator across written and verbal via weekly/monthly reporting
- Highly organised, ability to prioritise workload and work to SMART objectives
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage customer expectations
- Growth mindset & results driven
- Must be passionate about our brand and achieving something incredible
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Plate spinning brilliance and ability to remain calm under pressure
- Possess a positive attitude to a busy work environment and a willingness to work long or flexible hours when required.
- 29 days holiday, including bank holidays (increasing 1 day for each year of service for the first 5 years)
- A pension with The Peoples Pension
- Two days a year to volunteer with a local charity
- Birthday and anniversary treats
- Free fruit at work
- Free Eye Examinations
- Generous discount on beer and merch
- Annual health check (after 1 year of service)
- Cycle to Work scheme (after 1 year of service)
Culture fit is hugely important to us. If you’re unsure if you meet all the criteria but have skills which are transferrable and you believe you would fit in with our core values, please don’t hesitate to apply.
We particularly welcome female applicants and those from ethnic minorities, as these groups are underrepresented in the brewing industry.