Reports to: Shift Lead Brewer
Hours: 38 per week, over 4 shifts
Shift Pattern: 4 days on, 4 days off - Rotating every 2 blocks between early and late - early is 5am - 3pm, late is 12pm - 10pm. This role includes evening, weekend and bank holiday working.
Salary Band: £23,500 - £26,500 per annum
Northern Monk is focussed on delivering the highest level of quality and consistency across the entire business. This crucially starts within production of our beer and is a vital element to us achieving our goal - to create the best beer experiences in the world, growing in stature as we grow in scale. To be successful in this role you must show a passion and commitment to quality.
This role sits alongside our Brewers and under a Shift Lead Brewer at our production facility. In this role, you will have an opportunity to shape the experience for the beer drinker, we value thoughtfulness and creativity, and we hope to find someone who is interested in being part of the team and at the forefront of our mission. We are looking for someone who is passionate about beer, knows the importance of attention to detail, well-organised and comfortable working in a fast-paced, ever-evolving environment. Strong interpersonal and communication skills are also important, as you will be working closely with all other teams at Northern Monk, especially the packaging and warehouse teams.
We’re extremely proud of our craft and will be looking for applicants that share our enthusiasm and drive for quality.
- Production of wort
- Cellar tasks including dry-hopping, centrifuging, transfers, tank cleans etc
- Assist the Brew team on achieving production targets including Quality scores, Achievement vs Plan and Monthly Audits
- Assist the Brew team in delivering on our Quality Program
- Maintain a high standard of data logging and record keeping
- Working to a brewery schedule to ensure that the beer can be released in line with the business needs
- Ensure the cleanliness, efficiency and functionality of brewery equipment
- Maintain high standards of health and safety
- Ensure to work in way which minimises wastage and excess cost without compromising product quality
- Provide a superior customer service at all times in person and via telephone calls and emails.
- Seek out educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintain personal networks; participate in professional organisations
- Research improvements in equipment, processes, packing materials, etc and keep up to date on relevant changes to legislation.
- Feed relevant information back to Northern Monk HQ and take ownership for improvements that will make our beer & beer experiences better.
- Attend and contribute to team meetings when required and share best practice with colleagues.
- 1 years brewing experience
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and growing environment
- Comfortable with shift work, including evenings and weekends
We welcome applicants who are IBD certified, however this is not essential, and we encourage those who do not have this criteria to apply also.
Unfortunately, this role does not meet the requirements for a Skilled Worker Visa.