Reports to: Packaging Department Lead/Packaging Support Manager
Working hours: 37.5 hours, Monday to Friday. The shift pattern is a 2-week cycle alternating between 7:00am until 3:00pm or 3:00pm 11:00pm.
Closing Date: 16th October
The Packaging Operative role is varied and includes supporting all aspects of packaging at Northern Monk. This role requires an employee who is committed to supporting our mission to create the best beer experiences in the world. The Packaging team are a highly motivated team and integral to operations at Northern Monk.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about beer, knows the importance of attention to detail, well-organised and comfortable working in a fast-paced, ever-evolving environment. Strong interpersonal and communication skills are also important, as you will be working closely with all other teams at Northern Monk, especially the Production and Warehouse teams.
We’re extremely proud of our craft and will be looking for applicants that share our enthusiasm and drive for quality. Our Operations Team are at the core of our business.
We’re committed to improving the diversity of our Operations Team, so if you don’t have the relevant experience but are part of a group that is underrepresented in the beer industry, we would love to hear from you. We are committed to providing a safe and inclusive workplace.
- Filling cask and keg to the standard operating procedure and in line with the regulatory requirements
- Packing on a canning line, ensuring the boxes are carefully and timely packed correctly and with excellence
- Operating the labelling machine
- Safe and orderly palletising of filled boxes
- Ensuring the canning line is kept clean and cleaned thoroughly at the end of each run.
- Assisting the Warehouse Team in putting orders on to pallets in a safe and tidy manner ready for collections
- Helping the Production and Warehouse teams maintain a clean and safe working environment.
- Great organisation and attention to detail
- Thrives working in a team environment
- Have a positive attitude to a busy work environment and a willingness to work long or flexible hours when required
- Contribute to team effort by completing other tasks as needed.
- Used to work in a fast paced organisation